Here are some examples of antecedent strategies:
- Using a schedule.
- Providing information about any changes in schedule.
- Transition warnings.
- Providing choices.
- Enriching the learning environment by providing access to sensory stimuli (such as Play-doh to push with hands during a lesson) that serve the same function as a problem behavior.
- Incorporating student interests into learning activities.
- Interspersing acquisition and maintenance tasks.
- Posting of clear classroom rules/expectations in the classroom.